Pennsylvania School for the Deaf Applications 1824-1938
The Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (since 1820) was a residential school for the deaf in Philadelphia. It was founded by David Seixas and the school began in his private home. Laurent Clerc served briefly as principal at the school. In 1825 the school moved to its first official building at the corner of Broad and Pine Streets. It had two separate schools operating in manual and oral methods in different locations. In 1892 they were merged at a new location called Mt. Airy that operated until 1984.
An index of applications to the Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (PSD) is listed. Please click on the first letter of the desired last name.