Dr. Jorge L. Díaz-Herrera
Member, Board of Trustees
- Graduate Certificates Management Leadership in Education Harvard University (2006 and 2011)
- MA and Ph.D., Philosophy, University of Lancaster, UK (1977 and 1981)
- Undergraduate degree in Systems Analysis, Universidad Centro-Occidental, Venezuela (1974)
Dr. Díaz-Herrera is a professor and President of Keuka College since July 1, 2011. Prior to this appointment, he was Professor and founding Dean of the College of Computing and Information Sciences at RIT in Rochester, NY 2002-11; Professor of Computer Science and Department Head at SPSU in Marietta, GA, and Yamacraw project coordinator with Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA; senior member of the technical staff and associate professor of software engineering at Carnegie Mellon's Software Engineering Institute; associate professor of software engineering and department chair at Monmouth University in NJ; assistant professor of computer science at George Mason University in VA and at SUNY Binghamton in NY.
Dr. Díaz-Herrera has conducted extensive consulting with a number of firms and government agencies in the United States and abroad. He has chaired several national and international conferences, and has been a technical reviewer for the National Science Foundation, the American Society for Engineering Education, and several conferences and journals. He has more than 100 publications, including most recently editing the Computing Handbook, volume I: Computer Science and Software Engineering. He was a member of IEEE-CS Distinguished Visitor Program for 9 years, a leading writer of the Software Engineering Professional Examination, and co-editor of the Software Engineering volume of the Computing Curricula project. He was an active member of the CRA-Deans group of the Computer Research Association in Washington, D.C. and serves, and has served, on various technical advisory committees and governing boards including:
- Sampson Theatre, The Penn Yan Theatre Company -- board member
- Technical Advisory Group, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Advisory Committee for CISE, National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Advisory Committee for GPRA/PA, National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Board of Trustees, Strong National Museum of Play, Rochester, NY.
- Board of Trustees, Gallaudet University, Washington, D.C.
- NY State Universal Broadband Council, action team on digital literacy, Albany, NY.
- Research Board, Instituto Technológico de las Américas (ITLA), Dominican Republic.