Behind every great career is a quality education.
At the heart of the liberal arts is an ongoing conversation between student, teacher and community, elevating all to learners in the exploration of the ways human beings can attain knowledge. Classes at Gallaudet University are small and relationships with faculty are personal, creating an environment where faculty members view the education of students as their priority.
The 21st century job market evolves faster than ever before. Students who study the liberal arts at Gallaudet successfully are broad-minded, multidisciplinary, and prepared for the future. By providing a well-rounded education, the liberal arts prepare students at Gallaudet for graduate work in many fields including business, diplomacy, research, science and teaching.
The average American changes his or her career path between five and seven times over his or her lifetime, often starting over in a new field. Opting for a liberal arts education at Gallaudet could be the defining choice between merely knowing what you need to know for your next job... or preparing for a lifetime as a professional.
Turn the page to meet some successful students and gradpxuates.
Imagine: Where can a liberal arts education from Gallaudet take you?
According to a recent survey 95% of alumni are either working and/or pursuing a graduate degree within one year of graduation.
80% of Gallaudet students hold at least one internship prior to graduation.
(national average: 37.6%)
3 reasons Gallaudet produces successful professionals
Close working relationships with faculty. The faculty to student ratio is 1:8, meaning students have myriad opportunities to argue over challenging ideas and teachers get to know students well enough to help identify future goals with them.
Custom career preparation. The Career Center is a hub of activity for students seeking professional experience. Networking opportunities, training and self-marketing workshops are provided year-round. Job and internship opportunities are actively pursued with local, national, and international employers. The Career Center assists students in every stage of career development.
Wonderfully competitive and fiercely supportive campus culture. An often overlooked byproduct of attending college alongside hundreds of peers who are just like you is the truly merit-based environment. Services and staff on campus are designed for full access, and the resulting campus culture is one where go-getters thrive.
For information about the Career Center and internship opportunities, visit the Career Center's home page
Here are a few employers and sites that have recently offered jobs and internships to our students and alumni:
- Ardmore Enterprises
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Boehringer Ingelheim: Roxane Lab
- Botswana National Olympic Committee
- Convo Communications
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Transportation
- Discovery Communications
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Federal Reserve
- Fort Lee Commissary
- Gaylord National
- Green Biologics
- Human Rights Campaign
- Imagination Stage
- Internal Revenue Service
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Leitner, Williams, Dooley, & Napolitan Law Firm
- Library of Congress
- Lockheed Martin
- Merrill Lynch
- Miller School of Medicine (University of Miami)
- Mobile Crime Laboratory Unit, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department
- National Cancer Institute at UCSD (University of California, San Diego)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- National Institutes of Health
- National Museum of American History
- National Science Foundation
- Naval Air Systems Command
- New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife
- Peace Corps
- Samaritan House of Atlanta
- Seymour Joseph Institute
- The Shoptaw Group
- Sidwell Friends School
- Smithsonian Institution
- Social Security Administration
- Sotheby's Institute of Art
- Swanson Communications
- Texas A&M Health Science Center
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Congress
- U.S. Department of Treasury
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- Volkswagen of America
- The White House
- Windsor Manor Stables