HOW TO REGISTER
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent to take PST prefixed courses. Graduate-level courses require completion of an undergraduate degree. A copy of your BA/BS transcript must accompany your registration. Senior high school students may be eligible to take PST prefixed courses with written recommendation of their high school academic advisor and permission of the instructor. Non U.S. citizens, including green card holders, MUST follow the procedures outlined under International Students
CCS expects members of the University community, including PST registrants, to be honest and professional in all of their dealings with the institution. CCS adheres to the academic integrity policies
for undergraduate students, if the PST course is not cross-listed with either an undergraduate or graduate level course. If the PST course is cross listed, then the undergraduate or graduate level academic integrity policies apply.
For information on tuition and fees, see the section on Financial Information
- Complete the Online Application and Registration to submit your application electronically OR complete the Course Registration/Payment Information form (PDF) to mail or fax your application.
- If you are interested in taking a graduate-level course, you must provide CCS with a copy of your BA/BS transcript along with your registration forms. Submission of a college transcript for PST prefixed courses is only required when indicated as a course prerequisite.
- If you are taking an ASL class and will be mailing/faxing your application, please make sure to include your completed ASL Questionnaire form. This form is included with the online application.
- Complete and submit the VISA Information form to CCS if you are an international applicant.
- All new full-time and part-time students who attend on-campus classes are required to complete a Medical History and TB Risk Assessment form and return it to Gallaudet University's Student Health Services sometime prior to starting class. You do not need to submit this form at the same time as your application. This form is not required if you are taking online classes only.
- If you are planning to stay on-campus, complete the Housing/Meal Plan form. (summers only) For more information, see Summer Housing/Meals.
- Full payment, or authorization for payment (signed tuition waiver, VR Authorization, or Purchase Order) is required to complete your application.
For information or to register, please visit Summer Youth Camps.
Gallaudet University Employees
A regular status staff employee must satisfactorily complete the initial probationary period before the employee or eligible family member may enroll in the course for which tuition waiver is being requested. (This requirement does not apply to sign language classes for employees.) A regular status faculty member or teacher may enroll and apply for tuition waiver following the effective date of employment. Part-time employees and their family members are eligible to apply for tuition waiver for one course per semester only.
Employees and their eligible family members who have tuition waived are not eligible for University sponsored financial aid programs designed to supplement tuition and lab fees.
Applicants must satisfy the admissions requirements and adhere to all registration guidelines. Registration officials within the University determine the availability of space within the class following admission of tuition-paying students.
Currently Enrolled Gallaudet Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Matriculated students (Gallaudet students enrolled in a in degree program) register through CCS for PST prefixed classes. PST tuition and processing fees are waived for full-time Gallaudet undergraduate and graduate students; only the processing fee is waived for part-time students. All students are responsible for lab, test, material and late fees. Consortium Students
Students registering for courses through the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area do so through their home institution and pay that institution's tuition fees. All classes held on campus will be conducted in American Sign Language unless otherwise specified in the course description. Registration Deadline
The registration deadline is 3 weeks prior to the start of class during the fall and spring semesters and 2 weeks prior to class during the summer session. Depending on class availability, applications may
be accepted after the deadline, but will incur a $50 late fee.
Confirmation of Enrollment
Confirmation will be emailed to you upon approval of your registration. Contact the Center for Continuing Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions regarding your registration.Course Cancellations
Gallaudet reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. Course cancellation decisions are made by the registration deadline. We must be able to contact you to provide information and alternative class options. It is critical that your application include your phone number and/or email address. Gallaudet will reimburse the student's tuition for that course or workshop, but will not be responsible or liable for any other expenses that the student may have incurred, including but not limited to transportation and housing costs and the purchase of materials and supplies. Payment Procedures and Types
Full payment must accompany your application or it will not be processed. Payment may be made by check, credit card (MasterCard or VISA), or money order. We do not accept cash.Financial Support Options
: The Center for Continuing Studies does not provide internal financial aid. Students seeking financial support are urged to read Federal Financial Aid
when exploring options.
Medical History/TB Risk Assessment Form
All Gallaudet University Staff/Faculty attending classes on campus,
- Regardless of age or years on campus, you must provide a TB Risk Assessment Form regardless of age.
- Students 26 years of age or over are still required to submit the Medical History form with their signature.
- Students 26 years of age or over are NOT required to submit proof of immunization.
Center for Continuing Studies
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202.651.5987 (fax) IMPORTANT DATES:
December 20, 2015 - January 18, 2016Martin Luther King Holiday:
Monday, January 18, 2016Spring Break:
March 14 - 18, 2016
Monday, May 30, 2016 Independence Day:
Monday, July 4, 2016Back to Top