Customized Training Programs
Gallaudet University offers customized educational opportunities designed to address the needs and interests of deaf and hard of hearing individuals, their families and communities, and the professionals who work with them. Offered at the times, dates, and location of your choice, we bring our training to you!
What training can we offer
Our programs are offered within a bilingual (ASL/English) learning environment either through traditional classroom settings or via distance learning. Some examples of our training include:
- English/Business Writing
- Project Management
- Leadership Training
- Strategic Planning
- Consumer, Family, & Community Advocacy
- Computer Applications
- Deaf Culture/Awareness
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpreter Education
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Early Intervention
Why choose Gallaudet
- Our instructors include renowned scholars, researchers, authors, and other recognized experts in the field who contribute to Gallaudet's world-wide reputation for its outstanding programs serving deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Our American Sign Language (ASL) instructors are fluent in ASL, and are trained and experienced in teaching classes for participants of all ages and proficiency levels.
- Our educational programs are tailored to meet your needs at the time and place of your choosing and can offer college credit, if desired.
- Our Gallaude University Regional Centers provide a strong collaborative network to help facilitate and expedite coordination and delivery of training across the United States.
- Our instructional approach utilizes a bilingual learning environment, featuring American Sign Language and English, to provide full access to learning and communication.
- Our goal is to provide a positive and supportive learning environment for you.
Who have we served?
- Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
- Police, Fire and Emergency Personnel
- High Schools and Universities
- Food Service Industry Organizations and Private Businesses
- Libraries and Museums
- Community Centers
What is the cost?
Fees vary contingent upon desired training.
For more information
Contact: Mary Weiner, Director
Voice Phone: 202-250-2641