International Students

International students are welcome to apply for courses offered through the Center for Continuing Studies (CCS).  If you are an international student planning to register for one of our upcoming courses, you will need to submit a completed VISA Information form along with your Course Registration/Payment Information form.  A B-1/B-2 Tourist Visa that is annotated for a short course of study allows you to visit the USA and participate in a course, workshop, or other training event while you are here.  If you are interested in attending Gallaudet University to obtain a degree or certification, you must have an F-1, J-1 or permanent residency status.  Due to the time constraints in processing I-20's or DS-2019's, applications from international students must be received in our office two months prior to the start of your class. Applications from international students who already have an F1, J1 or permanent residency must be received no later than three weeks prior to the start of your class.  If you already have a Visa or a green card, you must submit a copy with your application.  It is important to note that payment must be sent in full (international money order payable to Gallaudet University or by wire transfer) before an I-20 or DS-2019 can be processed.

The Visa Waiver Program (WVP) allows citizenship of some countries (see list below) to travel to the U.S. for business or pleasure for up to 90 days without obtaining a B-1/B-2 visa stamp. You must ensure that your WVP is annotated for a short course of study if you plan on participating in a short course, workshop or training.

Australia Iceland Norway
Austria Ireland Portugal
Belgium Italy San Marino
Brunei Japan Singapore
Czech Republic Latvia Slovakia
Denmark Liechtenstein Slovenia
Estonia Lithuania South Korea
Finland Luxembourg Spain
France Malta Sweden
Germany Monaco Switzerland
Greece the Netherlands United Kingdom

Confirmation of your registration will be sent to you upon approval of your application. If you do not receive confirmation of your enrollment, contact the Center for Continuing Studies at 202.448.7272 (v), 202.250.2750 (vp) 202.651.5987 (fax), or email
Once you arrive on campus, you must stop by the Office of International Programs and Services, located in the Hall Memorial Building (HMB) E253, prior to attending class. Only individuals arriving at Gallaudet University with the proper student Visa will be allowed to attend classes.
NOTE: These procedures do not apply to international students taking an online course who live outside the D.C. metro area. If you are interested in taking an online course, please follow the procedures listed under REGISTRATION INFORMATION. The international tuition surcharge will still apply.

You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.