Frequently Asked Questions
● Where can I advertise my space for rent or look for a place to live?
Commuter Lounge has a bulletin board at Ely B02 that lists available rental spaces. Send your information to Commuter.Programs@gallaudet.edu and we will post it for you.
● Where can I store my things during the day, as well as store and warm up my lunch while attending classes?
Commuter Lounge offers free lockers for all registered students. Stop by at the Commuter Lounge in ELY B02 to sign up for a locker. Commuter Lounge also offers a kitchen complete with microwaves and refrigerators.
● I have children. Am I allowed to bring them to the Commuter Lounge?
Yes! Commuter Lounge has a play area for children. Parents or guardians must be present and supervise their child or children at all times. They cannot be left unattended.
● I am having problems with my landlord and/or roommates. Where can I get help or information?
Commuter Lounge staff are available to assist you with your issues. Please check this link for resources.
● I want to host a party off campus. If things go out of control, will the university take action?
Gallaudet University has off-campus jurisdiction for policy violations that occur off campus. Metropolitan Police Department may refer an issue to the Department of Public Safety and/or Office of Student Conduct. The following link provides helpful tips in forming a good relationship with your neighbor: How to be a good neighbor.