Contracts and Purchasing
The Contracts and Purchasing Department under the division of Administration and Finance is responsible for providing and directing University faculty and staff to sources capable of providing a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to fulfill their responsibilities in support of the mission of the University. Therefore, the Contracts and Purchasing Department works closely with our vendors to ensure that the quality of goods and service they provide are acceptable and at a fair price. Thus, Contracts and Purchasing aims for quality customer service, earning the maximum value of every dollar spent, facilitate healthy business relations and to ensure that Gallaudet University abides by all the policies, laws and regulations set forth by Gallaudet University, the District of Columbia and the United States.
Purchase Order Process
- An order for goods will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of receipt of the requisition provided that all the necessary information is on the requisition. (There are times when the order volume is high and this cannot be met - ex. fiscal year-end)
- All campus requisitions are processed in the order they were received.
- If you provided a vendor email address on the requisition form you and the vendor will receive an email notification that the order/purchase order has been placed. If an order is placed via Fax or mail then you will receive your PO via campus mail.
NOTE: All software and technology equipment must be reviewed and approved by GTS, please review link: http://www.gallaudet.edu/gallaudet-technology-services/services/technology-projects
- The Contracts and Purchasing department makes every attempt to send out all contracts within 7 to 10 business days, provided all necessary information is included on the requisition.
- Current Gallaudet students and employees cannot be contracted and must go through HR.
- A contract is sent to the vendor via Adobe Sign or FedEx (unless the address is a PO box then it is mailed) for signature.
- A PO is not obligated for a contract until the signed contract is returned to Contracts and Purchasing.
- Once the contract is received the PO will be obligated and you will receive a PO and a copy of the contract via email.
To the Gallaudet Campus Community
In preparation for the fiscal year-end (FY2018), please be aware of the following dates in reference to purchase orders:
ALLPurchase Requisitions for furniture items should be submitted no later than TBD. If the merchandise is out of stock or the vendor is unable to provide the goods by TBD then the order will not be processed using Fiscal Year 2019 budget funds. Please contact Purchasing@gallaudet.edu as soon as possible to expedite the planning and requisition process.
Endowments and donations
Purchase Requisitions must be submitted by TBD. Invoices must be submitted to the Finance Office by TBD.
PurchaseRequisitions must be submitted by TBD. All invoices for goods and services delivered by TBD must be approved and submitted to the Finance Office as soon as possible.
New IT Equipment and Software
Submit all orders and requests (with signed I.I.s) for software, equipment, computer/accessories to the Help Desk by TBD. These orders should be for planned activities (or emergency replacements).
Closing Purchasing Orders
Please review your department's purchase orders. If the final invoice has been paid and there are funds remaining, please notify Purchasing@Gallaudet.eduto de-obligate the funds to close the purchase order.
Purchase Orders will be closed on the following schedule:
- Less than $50 remaining will be closed TBD
- Less than $100 remaining will be closed TBD
- Less than $500 remaining will be closed TBD
- Less than $3,000 remaining will be closed on TBD
Fiscal Year 2018 purchase orders with a remaining balance as of TBD will be reviewed for closure and invoices may instead be charged to the department's Fiscal Year 2019 budget.
Staples Advantage Orders
The last day to order from Staples Advantage for purchases to be charged to Fiscal Year 2018 is TBD. All backorders, dropships and items place after this date will be processed and charged in the next fiscal year.
Contact our office should you have any additional questions.
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.