Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate theoretical and analytical knowledge of ASL linguistics and Literature.
- Theoretical and analytical knowledge of the role of ASL in education, politics and media.
- Students in the program will produce college level ASL and English texts that demonstrate knowledge of, and critical inquiry into, key concepts in the ASL discipline.
- Students of the program will recognize the importance of the ASL expert as a system change agent and apply this in practice inside and outside the classroom utilizing effective leadership, advocacy, consultation, and collaboration to influence change on the individual, group, and organizational and systemic levels.
- Demonstrate preparation for future career employment in the field of ASL