Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes AY 2018-2019
Graduates of BS in Accounting Program will demonstrate competence and learning outcomes in following seven domains:
- Accurately apply fundamental business concepts, models and principles to address hypothetical or real-world business issues. (Common Business Knowledge & Inquiry)
- Communicate effectively in both American Sign Language and written English in various formats and styles to a variety of audiences in multiple business contexts. (Communication)
- Apply technological tools, and statistical and quantitative reasoning skills in analyzing and evaluating numerical information to support evidence-based business decisions. (Quantitative Reasoning & Technological Skills)
- Critically assess business problems and develop well-supported solutions. (Critical Thinking & Problem Solving)
- Critically evaluate all business opportunities and challenges using a global business perspective. (Global Dimension)
- Consistently act in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner, and collaborate effectively in teamwork when required. (Ethics & Social Responsibility)
- Accounting Discipline Specialty Knowledge and Inquiry
7a. Demonstrate knowledge in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), managerial accounting theories, auditing, taxation, and other accounting concepts and rules.
7b. Prepare, interpret, and summarize financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP.
7c. Apply Information Technology tools in analyzing accounting information and solve business problems based on accounting theory, financial regulations, and business standards.