Student Learning Outcomes
- Critically examine, analyze, apply, integrate and recommend logical actions based on a variety of business concepts, models and principles in order to address hypothetical or real-world business issues.
- Communicate effectively in both American Sign Language and written English, using generally-accepted and/or innovative business formats to present factual data and analyses, propose strategies, advocate policies, promote products and services, and instruct and evaluate personnel.
- Apply basic computational, statistical and quantitative reasoning skills in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting numerical information to make and justify evidence-based business decisions.
- Use computer hardware, software, the internet, cloud computing and other technological tools to expedite and enhance communication and quantitative reasoning skills in making business decisions.
- Be able to work effectively in both leadership and support roles as part of diverse teams to achieve a variety of business-related tasks, recognizing and maximizing the advantages of different skills, competencies, professional training, experience, and temperament of all team members.
- Consistently act in a professional, respectful, honest, fair and reasonable manner and to apply ethical principles and logical reasoning to make and justify business decisions.