One hundred percent of recent department alumni are employed or pursuing advanced studies within one year of graduation.
The pass rate for Gallaudet education program completers on state licensure tests for initial teacher certification is better than 90 percent.
Teacher Preparation Program Outcomes
See more details below.
Impact on P-12 Learners
Internships in Education and Community Services
Education and community services are projected to be among the top five job categories requiring postsecondary education, according to the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce. Programs in the Department of Education position students for career success through a strong network of internship sites.
Recent internship sites include:
- California School for the Deaf - Fremont
- Canterbury Woods Elementary School
- Delaware School for the Deaf
- Green Acres School
- Louisiana School for the Deaf
- Marie Philip School at The Learning Center for the Deaf, Massachusetts
- Maryland School for the Deaf - Columbia
- Maryland School for the Deaf - Frederick
- Maury Elementary School
- Peabody Primary School
- Sandy Spring Friends School
- School Within a School at Goding
- Texas School for the Deaf
- West Virginia School for the Deaf
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.