Facilities and Resources
The Department of Government and Public Affairs maintains several resources for student, faculty and staff use:
- Departmental Computer Lab in HMB S232:
- The lab has computers and a printer as well as licensed software for statistical analysis. Short term tutoring is also available on an informal basis.
- Career and Graduate School resources:
- The Department maintains assorted catalogues, graduate and law school guides, and announcements of career and internship opportunities for students to examine. This is located in the Government suite near office HMB S235L.
- Government and History Reference Materials.
- A small library of reference materials is housed in the bookcase in the Government Lab (HMB S232) and in the Department itself (HMB S235). These include specialized encyclopedia, recent professional journals and newsletters and other sources of information.
The Department also maintains lists of electronic links useful to students. A partial list appears below:
Useful Government Links
The Federal Government
- House of Representatives
- Other Federal Agencies
- Supreme Court Information (Decisions after 1990 and other basic info)
- Presidential Elections: Electoral College Records
- Federal Election Commission: Campaign Finance Information