*** Updated for Cohort Beginning August 2017 ***
What qualifications does an individual need to meet in order to be considered for this program?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Proof of hearing loss (copy of audiogram)
- Undergraduate degree (official transcript) or 1 year of college and 3 years of human service experiences
- Have access to a computer and internet
- Must have moderate to good general computer skills
- Must have a mastery of Microsoft Word
- Completed Peer Mentoring Program application (see below, "Where do I send the application materials?")
- Completed Center for Continuing Studies (CCS) application click here and submit online with $75 registration fee)
- Letter of Interest in the program (see below)
- Three letters of recommendation
Please include the following in your Letter of Interest:
- Why you are motivated to participate in the program
- Previous experience with leadership, service, and mentoring
- How and where you will apply the mentoring skills acquired after completing the program
- The amount of time you will be able to put toward this training program and consequently, to mentoring once the program is completed
- Your commitment to completing the entire program once you are accepted
What is the deadline for applying?
July 15, 2017, for the 2017-2019 class.
When would the program start?
The Opening Seminar will be held August 18th, 19th & 20th, 2017 at Gallaudet University in Washington, DC.
Are scholarships available?
Funding depends upon approval of grant funding received year to year. For the entering class of 2015, we do have funding to cover tuition. Individuals can expect to pay for travel, lodging, and food costs to attend the mandatory initial and final on-site seminars, as well as for the initial, non-refundable registration fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Where do I send the application materials?
You may download the printable (PDF) version of the Peer Mentoring Program application by clicking here (~86 KB in size; requires Adobe Reader).
Send the completed application from above with the specified documents requested to:
Gallaudet University Center for Continuing Studies
Attn: Peer Mentoring Program Application
800 Florida Ave, NE
Washington, DC 20002