Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates of the Interpretation Program apply academic, professional and world knowledge to the choices and decisions they make while interpreting.
- Graduates of the Interpretation Program demonstrate an understanding of multi-cultural approaches to the work of interpretation, and are able to demonstrate effective bi-lingual and bi-cultural practice within their work.
- Graduates of the Interpreting Program assess and analyze their own competencies for interpreting in relation to a variety of interpreting settings and in relation to a variety of participants in interpreted interactions.
- Graduates of the interpreting program effectively interpret face-to-face encounters in dialogic/one-on-one and small group settings with a variety of participants.
- Graduates of the interpreting program apply professional standards, practices, and ethics, not limited to the tenets of the Code of Professional Conduct, to their work.
- Graduates of the interpreting program effectively conduct a small research project on topics related to interpretation.