2015 Summer Research Institute
The 2015 Summer Interpreting and Translation Research Institute has now come to a close. Twenty-one participants from across the globe attended the week-long event that was offered to advance training and to stimulate high-level discussion in Interpreting and Translation Studies. The Institute was a collaborative venture of the Department of Interpretation and Translation at Gallaudet University and the Graduate Studies Program in Interpreting and Translation at the University of Maryland.
The theme of the 2015 Institute - "One Question, Multiple Approaches" - was explored through instruction and dialogue about various qualitative and quantitative research methods traditionally used to explore research questions in interpreting and translation.
Quotes from the 2015 Institute participants:
- The opportunity to engage with research and researchers from around the globe at Gallaudet was revitalizing.
- I had the opportunity to see thematic links between lines of inquiry and research but to also probe deeper into essential questions and how to uncover them using a vast array of different research methodologies.
- My research agenda has expanded, and tweaked, with the direct assistance of the network of amazing thinkers attending the Institute.
- Amazing perspectives and explanations of research methods.
- The Institute was of such a high caliber!
- Wonderful! I enjoyed it all!
For photographs and information about the Summer Research Institute,
go to our Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/GallaudetCAITR