Student Learning Outcomes
- Accuracy and automaticity of foundational knowledge: Accurate and automatic explanation of foundational concepts in the program's core areas of phonology, generative linguistics and cognitive linguistics
- Ability to identify generalizations: Ability to identify and describe recurring patterns in linguistic data.
- Ability to identify claims made in the sign language linguistics literature and articulate their primary, "trademark features".
- Clear presentation of material in ASL and written English, demonstrating how such material relates to critical issues in linguistics and the Deaf communities.
- Demonstrating academic integrity and responsible conduct in their research practices with transparency and respect to the communities involved