Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstration of in-depth familiarity with current literature relevant to their chosen topic of research [added: or the topic of the course].
- Critically compare and evaluate claims made in the sign language linguistics literature and argue for or against them in a coherent manner.
- Independently formulate clear research questions related to their individual research projects and develop a systematic plan for answering them, including identification of data that are needed to further the investigation.
- Ability to independently formulate clear and tractable research questions related to their individual projects, and develop a systematic and culturally responsible plan for answering them, including identification of data needed to further the investigation.
- Ability to communicate information about sign language linguistics competently and respectfully to the field, the Deaf communities and the greater public.
- Demonstration of academic integrity and responsible conduct in their research practices with transparency and respect to the communities involved.