Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary for competent movement performance to attain and maintain an active lifestyle of fitness and wellness.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the cultural and historical significance of sports, games, and play; and incorporate these into the framework of lifespan physical activity and wellness.
- Students will design and lead physical and recreational activities that reflect cultural and social diversity to meet the needs of individuals/groups with varied physical, social, mental and emotional abilities.
- Students will apply discipline-specific, scientific and theoretical concepts, analytical methods and best practices to design, implement and evaluate Physical Education and Recreation activities in a variety of settings.
- Students will exhibit personal and social behavior that demonstrates respect of self and others in an ethical and professionally responsible manner.