A world-class institute of changemakers in the deaf and signing community.
Since 1864, we have been investing in and creating resources for deaf and hard of hearing children, their families, and the professionals who work with them.
Over 50 degree programs, with online and continuing education for personal and professional development.
Innovating solutions to break down barriers, and using science to prove what does and doesn’t work.
We make it easy for you to apply and enter here.
Ready to take the next step toward a college education?
Make lasting memories and grow in ways you never thought possible.
Undergraduate Program, Director: Deborah Maxwell-McCaw, Ph.D. - Deborah.email@example.com
School Psychology Program, Director: Tania Thomas-Presswood, Ph.D. - Tania.firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Psychology Program, Director of Clinical Training: Lawrence Pick, Ph.D. - Lawrence.email@example.com
Hall Memorial Building (HMB) S405, 202-651-5540 (Department: Voice), 202-651-5747 (Department: Fax)
GALLAUDET UNIVERSITY STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
In line with APA accreditation standards and our program mission, the following are the expected student learning outcomes upon completion of the program:
1. Graduates will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and attitudes of psychology; demonstrate awareness and sensitivity in working professionally with diverse individuals, groups, and communities; apply ethical and legal concepts in professional activities; and practice personal and professional self-awareness.
2. Graduates will relate effectively and meaningfully with individuals, groups, and/or communities.
3. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the Science of Psychology and of research/analytic methods.
4. Graduates will demonstrate integration and application of research, theory, and methods of practice in clinical psychology.
5. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional consultation and supervision.
6. Graduates will demonstrate competence to work with D/deaf and hard of hearing clients.
Gallaudet University is a federally chartered private and premier university for the deaf and hard of hearing since 1864.
Copyright © 2021 Gallaudet University. All rights reserved.
800 Florida Avenue NE Washington, D.C. 20002
Spring 2021 – Dec 12Fall 2021 – May 15