Student Learning Outcomes
- Comprehend texts in Spanish at the Advanced level as defined by the American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) proficiency guidelines.
- Compose texts in Spanish at the intermediate-high level as defined by the ACTFL proficiency guidelines.
- Use Spanish, English, and ASL to analyze key aspects of literary, cultural and historical traditions as well as contemporary trends, in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Apply both traditional and technology-based research skills to analyze and interpret cultural products and practices of the Spanish-speaking world and cross-cultural traditions and trends in Spanish, English, and ASL.
- Use language skills and cultural knowledge to explore cultures of the Spanish-speaking world first-hand through study abroad, internship and/or service-learning opportunities
- Use insights gained about Spanish signed and written languages and cultures to better understand their own languages and cultures.