Are COVID-19 vaccines safe?

Yes. Overwhelming scientific evidence has shown that COVID-19 vaccines are both safe and effective. See more information from the CDC and these information sessions from Gallaudet.

Where may I receive my COVID-19 vaccine?

Vaccines are widely available in the United States through your healthcare provider, local health authority, or pharmacy. See this online tool to help find a provider and schedule an appointment. Vaccination is also available on campus to all current employees and students 18 years of age or older. (Gallaudet administers the Moderna vaccine, which is […]

Will I be charged for receiving the vaccine?

COVID-19 vaccination is available in the United States at no cost to all individuals, including individuals who are not insured. There is no cost to you for receiving the vaccination at Gallaudet University or through any other provider.

What are accepted vaccines?

For community members living in the United States, Gallaudet and Clerc Center will accept any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use by the FDA. For students from outside the United States, we will accept any vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization (those marked “Finalized” on this list).

What does fully vaccinated mean?

Fully vaccinated means that a minimum of two weeks have passed since the administration of your final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. This allows the body to build up immunity to the virus; your vaccine is not fully effective until this time.

What side effects may be present after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?

Approximately one in four people have reported experiencing mild side effects following the vaccine. These are normal and expected to occur in some people, and typically dissipate in 1-3 days. Common side effects include headaches, muscle aches, fever, chills, and/or fatigue. While there are occasional side effects from vaccination, the risk from vaccines is extremely […]

How do I submit proof of my vaccination status?

Employees and students who are required to be vaccinated must send documentation – such as an image of your vaccination card or a copy of your immunization records from your physician – to