Summer Aid

Summer School (Undergraduates and Graduates)

Some limited financial aid is available for summer school, which is considered to be the "last" semester of the award year for financial aid. Students who desire to apply for summer school aid must complete the Summer Institutional Financial Aid Application (IFAA), available in BISON each Spring. Summer school aid will be awarded only to students who are enrolled for degree credits and who have completed the FAFSA and Summer IFAA.

Summer aid is awarded to eligible students for degree-credit coursework only. Non-degree credit Sign Language courses and credits offered through other University departments/colleges will not be supported by financial aid. Summer aid will not cover coursework which is repeated.

Summer financial aid is limited. Students taking summer courses should not depend on financial aid alone to cover summer charges.

Undergraduate students who plan to begin a Graduate Program in Summer

Undergraduate students who plan to begin a Graduate Program in Summer, and who have been enrolled as undergraduate students in fall and/or spring, MUST COMPLETE A FAFSA FOR THE SAME AWARD YEAR AS A GRADUATE STUDENT. FAFSA results for undergraduate students are invalid for awarding graduate level financial aid. The corrected FAFSA must be filed by the beginning of May for the prior Academic Year. For example, a student who is an undergraduate in 2018-2019 and who starts a graduate program in Summer of 2019 MUST correct their 2018-2019 FAFSA to reflect graduate level status. It is essential that undergraduate students beginning a Graduate Program in Summer see Financial Aid about requirements and applications even before acceptance into a graduate program.