OneDrive @ Gallaudet University
OneDrive @ Gallaudet University is now available to Gallaudet and Clerc Center communities. This is a Microsoft OneDrive for Business product, which uses different storage service than Microsoft's consumer service, simply called OneDrive.
Important notes on OneDrive @ Gallaudet University:
- For Students: Available only while enrolled at Gallaudet University and Clerc Center K-12 schools.
- For Faculty/Staff: Available only while employed at Gallaudet University and Clerc Center K-12 schools.
- Every user receives 1 TB storage space.
How can I use OneDrive @ Gallaudet University?
- Web Browser: Visit http://portal.office.com and sign in with your Gallaudet email address as "Work or school account".
- Quick and easy to upload and download files via web browser.
- Drag-n-drop support is limited to files only. For folders, use "Upload" > 'Folder' drop-down menu.
- Works with latest version of Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera
- Screenshot of web-based version:
- Software: File synchronization tool for computers, tablets and smartphones
- OneDrive app is available for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile devices.
- Files and folders in cloud and device storages are always synchronized.
- Ideal for mobile devices and individual's personal and office computers.
- Not ideal for public and shared computers, (labs, classrooms, kiosks, others).
- Screenshots of Mac and Windows versions:
- Download from http://onedrive.com for Windows 7 and 8
- Windows 10 has OneDrive already built-in.
- Important notes for mobile devices:
- Do not install "OneDrive for Business" app because this is for use with old version of Sharepoint website. This app will eventually disappear from App stores.
- Search for "Microsoft OneDrive" in your mobile App store, and install it.
- Sign in with your Gallaudet email address as "Work or School account" type.
- Gallaudet Intranet website: my.gallaudet.edu
- Available only as internal department documents storage.
- Based on Sharepoint and OneDrive technologies, (slightly different than personal OneDrive above).
- Web-based storage which is similar to mapped drive (S, T, V...drives).
- Only in Internet Explorer 11, mapped drive is available.
- Departments will need to submit a Help Desk request to have their department listed in Gallaudet Intranet website with internal documents storage.
Please contact Help Desk when you have issues with OneDrive @ Gallaudet Univeristy.
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.