Kaltura Media Management
The Kaltura Video Building Block for Blackboard enables teachers, students, and administrators to easily record, upload, manage, clip, transcode, publish, and deliver high-quality video content to any device. This building block easily adds video to your Blackboard environment, enabling video capture, video assignments, flipped classrooms, and other exciting video learning opportunities.
With Kaltura you can:
- Create video via webcam and screen capture, or use optional add-on CaptureSpace, Kaltura's end-to-end video capture solution for easy personal capture
- Add preexisting video from personal files, institution libraries, and even YouTube
- Organize media in a personal media repository, course galleries, or a shared faculty repository
- Edit media by clipping, uploading captions, adding chapters, and managing thumbnails
- Publish as part of a course gallery, video assignment, test, announcement, blog, or more
- Improve engagement, creativity, community, and learning results
- Secure media files using Blackboard permissioning
- Use Kaltura's tier 1 hosting and CDN to give students a high-quality viewing experience and prevent your LMS from stalling under the weight of video files
- Save time and money by streamlining video management, so students and teachers can upload and manage their own videos without the involvement of a central media team
Learn how to use My Media, develop a Course Media Gallery, take full advantage of CaptureSpace including installing and launching CaptureSpace!