What is Kaltura MediaSpace?
Mediaspace - Gallaudet's video library (media.gallaudet.edu)
Kaltura MediaSpace is a fully customizable media destination site for your organization. MediaSpace is an out-of-the-box video-centric site that can serve as a repository for media collections across the organization or a full-featured "Corporate YouTube."
MediaSpace enables community, collaboration and social activities by leveraging the power of online video. MediaSpace enables true collaboration with many contributors, moderators and viewers in a multitude of channels, projects and communities.
Depending on your setup, the site can be either public or restricted to authorized end users. In addition, sections of the site may be restricted to members only.
The Kaltura MediaSpace administrator sets up the content and the configuration of your MediaSpace homepage.
You may have playlists, a list of videos, or a single video displayed in the My Media window.
With MediaSpace you can
- Browse and search public categories and channels
- Upload and publish content
- Contribute to categories and channels
- Access and contribute to members-only channels
- Create playlists
- Create channels
- Comment on media
- Share media
While an application role applies to your entire MediaSpace site (and publishing rights apply to all galleries), some permissions are gallery- or channel-specific.
You set user permissions to a specific content collection by applying the following permission levels:
- Member: Can access a channel or gallery but cannot add new content
- Contributor: Can add content to a channel or gallery
- Moderator: (Applies to channels only) In addition to the Contributor permission, can moderate content.
- Manager: (Applies to channels only) In addition to the Contributor permission, can moderate channel content and access channel settings, including change metadata, edit members, change appearance, and delete channel. See Understanding Roles and Permissions.
In channels: All permission levels are relevant for channels.
In galleries: Only the Contributor and Member permission levels are relevant to galleries. Assigning a list of users as Members enables the users only to access a gallery. Assigning a list of users as Contributors enables the users to access a gallery and add media. (A user with the Admin application role also can add media.)
Visit Kaltura's Knowledge Base for more information