University Technology Acceptable Use Policy
January 10, 2019
Executive Director, Gallaudet Technology Services
This document describes proper and improper use of technology resources at Gallaudet University, operated by Gallaudet Technology Services (GTS). The Technology Policy is also known as an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). The information on this page was expanded from section 2.22 Use of Information Technology Resources policy in the Gallaudet University Administration and Operations Manual.
If you use Gallaudet University technology resources, it is your responsibility to read and understand the information below. If you have questions, please make a request via the IT Service Desk. (Help for users without Gallaudet email addresses (or who cannot access their Gallaudet email.)
Please refer to the left menu for more policies and procedures on various services that we provide.
What is covered under the University Technology Policy at Gallaudet University?
- Data bases retained on a computer system (e.g., Oracle, PeopleSoft, Apple Filemaker, Google Docs, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access, Content Management Systems and other systems).
- The electronic mail network, including Web Mail (http://mail.gallaudet.edu)
- World Wide Web sites (http://gallaudet.edu and all its linked pages)
- Data, wireless, and voice networks and network connections
- University-owned or leased personal computers, laptops, mobile devices (aka pagers), servers, network control devices, printers, facsimile machines, modems, and telephone equipment
- Individually-owned or leased personal computers, laptops, mobile devices (aka pagers), servers, network control devices, printers, facsimile machines, modems, and telephone equipment, that are connected to the Gallaudet University computer network through any means (telephone, network connection, or wireless connection).
Who may use Gallaudet Technology Resources?
- Gallaudet University students
- Gallaudet University faculty
- Gallaudet University staff, including certain contractors and consultants
- Members of the Gallaudet University Board of Trustees
- Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center students
- Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center teachers
- Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center staff
- Others, upon recommendation of an appropriate administrative officer to the Chief Information Officer.
- GTS may require users to enter their user name and password to access the Gallaudet network.
Gallaudet University Administration