Q. Can I schedule a visit to the campus?

Absolutely! A campus visit plays a crucial role in determining if the college or university you are considering is the right "fit" for you.

Q. What graduate programs do you offer?

Our world-class graduate programs are designed to help students develop practical and highly marketable professional skills or prepare for further graduate degrees.


Q. How do I apply for admission?

All prospective graduate students should apply using the online graduate application. Printed applications are available upon request. Additional, supplemental application requirements vary by the program. Carefully read the Graduate School Catalog and the supplemental information pages for specific program and entrance exam requirements.

Q. What is the deadline to apply?

Most applications for enrolling in the fall semester are due on February 15th. However if you are interested in the Clinical Psychology program, their deadline is January 15th.

Q. When will my application be reviewed the department?

Your application is available to the program for review as soon as you submit your application form. However, an admission decision will not be made until your application file is complete, including all of the required supplemental materials.

Q. Who makes the admission decision?

The Dean of the Graduate School makes the final decision after receiving an admission recommendation from the department of your graduate program.

Q. What are some tips to ensure prompt processing of my application?

  • Read all instructions carefully
  • Always use your full name on all documents/forms.
  • Adhere to the program deadline by sending the required additional, supplemental documents in a timely manner.
  • If you are submitting your document electronically, please use this address to submit required documents: gradapplications@gallaudet.edu.

Q. What is the ASLPI?

The American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI) is a holistic language proficiency evaluation and an admissions requirement for several of our graduate programs.

Q. How can I improve my ASL skills?

The Center of Continuing Studies offers sign language classes. Some of our ASL classes are offered online through ASL Connect. Be sure and check it out!

Q. How can I check the status of my application?

Checking your status is the fastest way for you to know what activity is taking place with your application, including your admissions decision. Check to see that if your recommendations, scores, and transcripts have been received.


Q. Where should I send my transcripts?

Applicants should request their school send their electronic transcript directly to gradapplications@gallaudet.edu.

Q. Do I need to have transcripts sent for every college-level class that I have taken?

Applicants are required to submit transcripts of each college or university attended. A college senior should submit a transcript of work completed in the first semester of the senior year as soon as it is available.

If you attended a study abroad program or enrolled in college courses while in high school, we do not need separate transcripts sent if the course names, credits, and grades are listed on your main institution’s transcript.

Applicants who have received degrees from institutions outside the U.S. must provide certified copies and certified English translations of transcripts or records of all previous post-secondary education. Transcripts, translations, and certified documents from institutions outside the U.S.

Q. Do I need to send official transcripts as part of my application?

Yes, official transcripts of all undergraduate study, including evidence of having received a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. (Those applying during their final undergraduate year will be required to submit a final transcript after completion of their bachelor's degree and before enrolling in their first semester of graduate study.)

Q. Does my transcript need to be in English?

Yes, all transcripts submitted to the Graduate need to be in English.

International applicants are required to provide their transcript(s) through a credential verification service in order for us to receive an official transcript in English and converted to the USA grading system. See this list of institutions to evaluate and "translate" your academic institution's grading and credit system.

Q. I will not receive my degree until the summer. Must I submit another transcript showing the degree was conferred?

If you are offered admission, you must submit official transcripts and certified documents showing all degrees conferred as soon as they become available, even if the degree will not be conferred until the semester of matriculation begins.

Tuition and Related Costs

Q. How much is tuition for graduate study at Gallaudet?

You can find tuition information on our Tuition and Fees webpage.

Q. What type of financial aid is available for graduate students and how do I apply?

Graduate students can obtain financial aid from the following major sources: Gallaudet Grant-In-Aid, College Work-Study, Perkins or Stafford student loans, and scholarships. Be sure and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Completing the FAFSA is the first step toward getting federal aid for college, career school, or graduate school.

Admitted - What's next?

Congratulations! View important information and links for registration, housing, dining, and health services on our New Graduate Students Portal.

You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.