- Go to Graduate Application Central to find the application for the program(s) you want to apply to.
- Register your account in the Self Service Center, or log in.
- Complete all parts of the application. If you cannot complete it at once, you can save the application to finish it later.
- If you're applying more than one program, you will need a separate form for each program. Refer to the table at the Graduate Application Central to find the appropriate forms.
The application itself has a section where you can invite people to send their recommendation letters to Gallaudet. Be sure you contact them in advance to get their consent.
- We strongly encourage you to take your time filling out the application.
- Be sure to have all the information you need close at hand.
- Review your responses and check for accuracy.
- Answer truthfully.
In the event of discrepancies or false reporting of any information, the Graduate Dean reserves the right to change or withdraw the offer of admission.
- Test Scores: use code R5240 to send to Gallaudet directly from the testing center.
- Goal Statement
- Recommenders or references
- Pay the application fee: $75 for one application, plus $40 for additional applications submitted in the same academic year, which begins Spring semester.
Technical help needed?
If you are experiencing technical difficulty when applying online, please send an email describing the problem to email@example.com. A member of the Online Graduate Application staff will respond as soon as possible.
Applications and all required admissions materials are generally due by February 15 for fall semester admission or November 15 for spring semester admission. However, many programs have their own application deadlines. Refer to the Requirements by Program pages to find the deadline for your program.
- Only a few programs offer spring admission.
- Programs that start in the summer, have earlier deadlines. If it's not listed in the program's requirements page, contact the program's coordinator to find out when your application is due.
- Review the Graduate School Catalog for program-specific information.
Sending Application Materials and Checking the Status of Your Application
- Log into the Self Service Center.
- Click on the "Applications" tab.
- Click on the "Summary" button for your application(s).
The summary includes a listing of required documentation and invoices. Each requirement listed includes status updates, and deadlines. The summary also allows you to complete actions remaining, such as uploading goals statements, resend invitations to references, print out invoices or make payments. These functions are linked in the Action column.
Some types of application materials, such as official transcripts, standardized test scores, ASL videos or links to videos online, can only be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are sending us video, it cannot be any larger than 20mb in size.
Use the email address to replace any items you have already submitted on line. You cannot resubmit through the online service - please email us, instead.