Certificate in Deaf Studies
- Completed application form.
- Application fee of $75.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a four-point scale) in all previous undergraduate and graduate study. (Occasionally, applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be admitted conditionally upon the recommendation of the department.)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate study, including evidence of having received a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. (Those applying during their final undergraduate year will be required to submit a final transcript after completion of their bachelor's degree and before enrolling in their first semester of graduate study.)
- Official transcripts of all graduate study.
- TOEFL is required from all international applicants from non-English speaking countries. (Use 5240 for the ETS institutional code)
Additional Program Requirements
- ASLPI result: 3 or above
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Signed (ASL) Digital Video Statement of Interest: Applicants must submit a signed (ASL) video indicating why they want to pursue a Graduate Certificate in Deaf Studies. Signed video essays should be limited to three minutes and should provide a sense of how the Certificate will support the professional and academic interests of the applicant.