Certificate in ASL & English Bilingual Early Childhood Deaf Education: Birth to 5
- Completed application form.
- Application fee of $75.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate study, including evidence of having received a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. (Those applying during their final undergraduate year will be required to submit a final transcript after completion of their bachelor's degree and before enrolling in their first semester of graduate study.)
- TOEFL is required from all international applicants from non-English speaking countries. (Use 5240 for the ETS institutional code)
Additional Program Requirements
- Applicants have or are pursuing teaching certification or licensure, preferably in the area of early childhood education, special education, deaf education, or speech-language
- Resume showing prior and/or current experiences being employed in an early childhood program or field
- Achieve a result of 2+ on the ASLPI or show evidence of American Sign Language proficiency (e.g., through interviews)
- Technology requirements and computer requirements/skills: A Mac or PC computer with access to the internet capable of running the most recent and updated web browser is necessary for participation in our online courses. The minimum operating system are Windows XP or higher for PC and MacOS 10.5 or higher for Mac. Candidates are responsible for obtaining their own Internet access and are expected to have basic computer and Internet literacy prior to the start of the course. Prior to taking courses in the program, students should know how to use: email, word processing programs, presentation programs (such as PowerPoint), and the Internet to search for information.
- Access to working with young children and their families in an early childhood environment during the program. This access can be on the job or through a practicum or internship experience.