M.A. in Deaf Studies
- Completed application form. See Application Instructions to learn how.
- Application fee of $75.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a four-point scale) in all previous undergraduate and graduate study. (Occasionally, applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be admitted conditionally upon the recommendation of the department.)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate study, including evidence of having received a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. (Those applying during their final undergraduate year will be required to submit a final transcript after completion of their bachelor's degree and before enrolling in their first semester of graduate study.) See Application Guidelines and FAQ for more information.
- Official transcripts of all graduate study. See Application Guidelines and FAQ for more information.
- Goals statement. See Application Guidelines for more information.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- TOEFL is required from all international applicants from non-English speaking countries. (Use 5240 for the ETS institutional code)
Additional Program Requirements
- ASL Essay: Personal Statement. In video format, submit a personal statement of interest in the program. This essay will be used for 2 purposes. It will give help us understand your personal interest in our program and will also be used to determine your proficiency in ASL. Why are you applying for this degree? What do you hope to gain from the degree? What are your professional interests after you graduate?
- ASLPI result: 3 or above.