M.A. in Interpretation: Interpreter Research Concentration (IR)
- Completed application form.
- Application fee of $75.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a four-point scale) in all previous undergraduate and graduate study. (Occasionally, applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be admitted conditionally upon the recommendation of the department.)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate study, including evidence of having received a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. (Those applying during their final undergraduate year will be required to submit a final transcript after completion of their bachelor's degree and before enrolling in their first semester of graduate study.)
- Official transcripts of all graduate study.
- Goals statement. See Application Guidelines for more information.
- TOEFL is required from all international applicants from non-English speaking countries. (Use 5240 for the ETS institutional code)
Additional Program Requirements
- Three letters of recommendation - one letter should cite be from a consumer citing competence in interpreting.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Valid certification from RID (CSC, NIC,CI/CT, CDI), NAD (III, IV, or V), AVLIC (COI),or documented equivalent for international applicants
- ASLPI result of 4 or higher for ASL users
- ASLPI result of 3 or higher for international students who are non-ASL users
- Portfolio of unrehearsed ASL to English and English to ASL interpreting samples− obtain this from the department; or equivalent portfolio of unrehearsed interpreting samples in applicants’ working languages for international applicants
- One additional goals statement relating to ethics, professional practice, and research interests.