Ph.D. in Interpretation
- Completed application form.
- Application fee of $75.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a four-point scale) in all previous undergraduate and graduate study. (Occasionally, applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be admitted conditionally upon the recommendation of the department.)
- Official transcripts of all graduate study, including evidence of having received a master's degree from an accredited university.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate study, including evidence of having received a bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- TOEFL is required from all international applicants from non-English speaking countries. (Use 5240 for the ETS institutional code)
Additional Program Requirements
- M.A. in interpretation, translation or related field
- A 15-20 page academic writing sample, or a 15-20 page essay, including references and citations (APA style) on the following: Please describe and assess three peer-reviewed articles or books in the field of Interpretation Studies that have shaped your thinking about the interpreting process and/or the role of the interpreter.
- Evidence of professional certification as interpreter
- Minimum 3 years interpreting experience (five years strongly encouraged)
- ASLPI score of 4 for ASL users and an ASLPI score of 3 or the passing of a Department Screening for international students