- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services for Adults
We provide services across the life span to individuals and groups in the Gallaudet and greater metropolitan communities.
All services provided are holistic, functional, comprehensive and individualized.
These include but are not limited to:
- Full speech-language diagnostic assessments.
- Pure tone audiometric screenings and speech-language screenings - on and off campus.
- Speech Language Therapy for:
- Dysarthria - Improve an individual's ability to produce speech sounds when muscle weakness or discoordination impact intelligibility.
- Apraxia - Improve an individual's ability to produce speech sounds when there is an inability or compromised ability to execute the motor movements.
- Voice Disorders - Improve an individual's harsh, hoarse, raspy voice quality as the result of overuse/abuse, nodules, or degenerative diseases.
- Language delay/disorders - Improve an individual's ability to express ideas or understand the speech of others.
- Neurogenic Disorders - Improve the communication abilities of individuals who are experiencing or have experienced Traumatic Brain Injury, Aphasia, Parkinson's, ALS, etc.
- Fluency/Stuttering - Improve an individual's ability to produce fluent speech.
- Auditory Processing Disorders - Improve an individual's ability to process/understand speech and language.
- Aural Rehabilitation - Improve the communication abilities of individuals with hearing loss - Hearing Aids and/or Cochlear Implants.
The Hearing and Speech Center Staff strive to meet the communication needs of all our clients - clinicians know and use American Sign Language.
Email for more information on Speech Language Diagnostics or Speech/Language Therapy: firstname.lastname@example.org.