Challenge Yourself With the Honors Program
Join the Honors program to develop the sophisticated tools needed to be competitive for top-tier graduate schools and employers. Take challenging coursework and plan individualized learning, receive significant individual attention, attend Honors events, present at conferences, win prestigious internships, and complete an advanced capstone. Become a leader in the 21st globalizing world.
As an Honors student, you will become part of a diverse group that works hard now to win big later. Our diverse community includes new and native signers, athletes, and international students as well as various identities of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, region, abilities, religion or spirituality, and more. We embrace this diversity with passionate commitment and seek to explore ways to build an equitable, just Honors community as practice for life after graduation. Whether you are looking to hit the job market with a bang or gain entry to the best graduate program in your field, we have the tools to help you get there.
2019 Graduates – Where are they now
• Yunhe Bai – Master’s in Social Work, Columbia University
• Alexandra Forkin – Position at The Walden School, The Learning Center for the Deaf, Massachusetts
• Gabrielle Humlicek – Publishing capstone; gap year to re-locate with family and prepare for PhD studies in Public Health
• Brianna Keogh – Internship with the American Psychological Association; then a gap year with plans for a master’s in teaching
• H. Nicole Mills – Online certificate in Data Science, Johns Hopkins University, then work experience to prepare for Master’s in Data
Science at Florida State University
• Bailey James Moers – MS in Statistics at Texas A&M; teaching fellowship in mathematics
• Nikolya Sereda – Williamstown Theatre Festival internship for one summer in costumes, followed by a year-long apprenticeship
in graphic design with The Shakespeare Theater Company, DC and then an MFA in costume design.
2018 Graduates - Where they are now
• Casey Johnson-Pasqua - gain theatre experience before pursuing an M.F.A.
• Megan Majocha - Post-Baccalaureate program at National Institutes of Health (NIH) followed by plans for a Ph.D. in human genetics
• Jehanne McCullough - J.D. program at the University of Virginia School of Law
• Paige Watson - M.A. in Library and Information Science at the University of Maryland
• Sawyer Willis - Ph.D. in Educational Neuroscience at Gallaudet University
2017 Graduates - Where they are now
• Sean Fenton - Hired before graduation as an IT Support Specialist at Applied Predictive Technology
• Jessica Kales - M.A. program in Mental Health Counseling, Gallaudet University with plans for a doctorate
• B. Mutisya Nzyuko - Small business owner
• Kevin Peacock - Hired before graduation as an Investment Operations Associate at Prudential
• Morgane Vincent - Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology, Gallaudet University
• Taylor Wardle - M.S. program in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), Virginia Tech
• Jazzmin Washington - A gap year then apply to medical school
• Thyra Wood - A year of travel then study English as a Second Language teaching
• Jacqueline Wunderlich - M.S. program in School Psychology, Northeastern University