Welcome to the website for Human Resources (HR). We hope you will find this information helpful. Every effort is made to keep this site current, accurate and informative; however, for employment or benefits information pertaining to your particular situation, you should contact a member of the Human Resources staff. The HR office is located in College Hall, Room 106. Although Gallaudet is a private institution, by an Act of Congress the University is able to participate in certain Federal benefits programs, specifically the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Federal Employees Health Benefits program (FEHB), the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance program (FEGLI), Federal Long Term Care Program (FLTCIP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS), and Federal Employers Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
Other benefits, privileges, and conditions of employment described in this website pertain solely to Gallaudet University and have been approved by the Gallaudet University Board of Trustees and/or President. Effective customer service is a high priority for our department and for the division of Administration and Finance. Your opinion of our service is important to us, and we encourage you to offer feedback on our Customer Satisfaction Survey. If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact Us.
The mission of Human Resources is to provide high quality, customer-focused service to the campus and community in support of the University and Administration and Finance missions. We provide a comprehensive human resource program including: recruitment and retention of a highly qualified diverse workforce, a wide range of benefits designed to enhance financial security and general welfare, accurate and timely payroll administration, professional development programs to increase organizational effectiveness, administration of an internally equitable and externally competitive salary and wage program, fostering positive employee relations and maintaining secure and accurate employee records.
1. We treat all employees with respect, equality and responsiveness and keep records accurate, secure and confidential.
2. We recruit and retain a highly qualified and diverse work force to meet the needs of University programs and services.
3. We provide a comprehensive array of benefits to provide for the general welfare of employees and actively promote understanding of these benefits to maximize their usefulness.
4. We ensure that all employees are paid accurately and timely with the correct withholdings and deductions and ensure all employees receive quality service.
5. We provide development and training programs to increase organizational effectiveness and support University priorities.
6. We provide a comprehensive compensation program with internal equity and external competitiveness.