Training and Development Philosophy
Gallaudet University's development philosophy is rooted in our University credo that learning is a lifelong quest. As such, our goal is to provide training and development opportunities that will both help employees increase their effectiveness by building and refining job skills, and also enhance the level of service provided to the University.
- Provide development and training programs that support University priorities.
- Establish a culture of competence through adequate management, diversity and skills development opportunities.
- Promote formal and informal development opportunities.
- Establish a required a core curriculum of courses with additional electives based on interests and performance needs.
- Present development in a variety of formats based on best way to get information across and use valuable staff time reasonably.
- Use recognition and rewards to acknowledge the attainment of development goals and reinforce behavior change and application of training on the job.
- Periodically conduct skills assessment among management and supervisory staff to ascertain development needs.
Professional Development & Training Sessions
See Calendar of Events to view upcoming professional development and training sessions. Click on the session to see full information and/or to register. Once you register, you will receive a calendar invitation shortly afterwards.