Lynda.com is an online learning platform with video tutorials in a number of disciplines: 3D, video, business, human resources, education, photography, web design, graphic design and more. There are more than 4,000 courses available and new content is added weekly from respected professionals.
According to their site, Lynda.com helps anyone learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Members receive unlimited access to a vast library of high quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by great teachers who are also working professionals.
Gallaudet University has a campus-wide subscription to lynda.com so staff, faculty, and students can access the site's online training at no charge. You can log in using your Gallaudet University credentials here to explore many topics and learn from your office, your home, or on the go from your computer or mobile devices. While exploring, you can create playlists of specific courses to watch now or later. In addition, there are learning paths with different focus to choose from. Several examples of many available learning paths:
- Become a Leader: Transitioning from Manager to Leader, Developing Executive Presence, Executive Decision Making, Developing Your Leadership Philosophy
- Improve Your Organizational Skills: Time Management Fundamentals, Managing To-Do Lists, Improving Your Focus
- Fostering Innovation: Risk-Taking for Leaders, Building Creative Organizations, Managing Team Creativity, Leading and Working in Teams, Breaking Out of a Rut, Improving Your Judgment
- Become a Manager: Hiring Your Team, Onboarding New Hires, Delegating Tasks to Your Team, Leading Productive Meetings, Managing for Results, Rewarding Employees
- Become an Administrative Professional: Business Etiquette - Phone/Email/Text, Time Management Fundamentals, Learning to be Assertive
- Become a Senior Manager: Managing Up/Down/Across the Organization, Managing New Managers, Managing Experienced Managers, Coaching for Results, Finance for Non-Financial Managers, Problem Solving Techniques, Measuring Team Performance
- Become an Online Instructor: Learning to Teach Online, Teaching Techniques - Making Accessible Learning
- Become a Content Strategist: Content Marketing Foundations, Building an INtegrated Online Marketing PLan, Content Marketing - Staying Relevant, Social Media Marketing - Facebook and Twitter, Content Marketing - Blogs, Content Marketing - Newsletters, Google Analytics Essential Training, Creating an Editorial Calendar
- Become a Social Media Marketer: Marketing Foundations - Social Media, Social Media Marketing - Managing Online Communities, Facebook for Business, Twitter for Business, Google+ for Business, Marketing with Snapchat, Social Media Marketing - ROI