Welcome! We are now accepting applications for Fall 2018. We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the semester.
To visit our school, please join us for one of our tours. Register for a tour below. If you have any specific questions for our enrollment coordinator, please submit your questions below. Local education agency representatives may apply for admission for deaf and hard of hearing students in their school districts with the support of the student's family.
Application Process Instructions
- Please use our Cover Letter as a checklist.
- Complete the Admissions Application Form.
- Complete the Release of Information Form
- Provide copies of the child's birth certificate and proof of home address.
- Submit the Student Records Request Form to your child's current school.
- Parent Infant Program only: Submit a copy of the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP).
Applications will not be reviewed until all documents are received. Submit documents by email, fax, or mail.
Phone: 202-250-2216 (Videophone)
Phone: 202-651-5397 (Voice)
Address: Kendall Demonstration Elementary School
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-3695
Medical clearance is required before your child can enroll. After you are notified of acceptance, please submit the following medical forms to the Admissions Office:
- Medical History,
- Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire,
- Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test,
- DC's Department of Health: School Immunization Requirements
- DC's Department of Health: Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination Opt-out Certificate
All needed forms and documents referred to above are found below.