Applying for Admission to MSSD
Welcome! We are now accepting applications for spring 2020.
To visit our campus, please join us at one of our Open House events. Register for an Open House.
If you have any specific questions for our enrollment coordinator, please submit your questions through this form.
Application Process Instructions
1. Please use our cover letter (Español) as a checklist.
2. Complete the Admissions Application Form (Español).
3. Complete the Release of Information Form (Español).
4. Provide copies of the child's birth certificate and proof of home address.
5. Submit the Student Records Request Form (Español) to your child's current school.
Applications will not be reviewed until all documents are received. Submit documents by e-mail, fax, or mail.
Phone: (202) 250-2216 (videophone)
Phone: (202) 651-5397 (voice)
Fax: (202) 651-5362
Attention: Enrollment Coordinator
Model Secondary School for the Deaf
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-3695
Medical clearance is required before your child can enroll. After you are notified of acceptance, please submit the following to the Admissions Office:
• Medical history (Español)
• Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire (Español)
• Medication authorization (Español)
• DC's Department of Health: School Immunization Requirements
• DC's Department of Health: Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination Opt-Out Certificate (Español)
• Copy of the front and back of your medical insurance card
Local education agency representatives may also apply for admission for deaf and hard of hearing students in their school districts with the support of the student's family.
Frequently Asked Questions About Admission to MSSD
Attend an Open House