1. Create, promote, and encourage a supportive and friendly campus environment that is welcoming and attractive to people of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, modes of communication and disabilities.
2. Provide leadership training for students of color and international students.
3. Nurture the development of student identities.
4. Foster an environment of tolerance, understanding and acceptance of different cultures.
5. Develop and strengthen alliances with internal and external communities to support diversity within and outside of Gallaudet University.