Trans Healthcare Resources
Compiled by Keith Sanfacon
There is a list of great trans health-related resources shown below that provide information for transgender and gender-variant individuals to learn and take charge of their health and well-being.
Note: Inclusion or omission of resources in the following list does not amount to endorsement or medical advice. All content herein (text, images, audio, or other formats) was created for informational purposes only. Offerings for continuing education credits are clearly identified and the appropriate target audience is identified. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Gallaudet LGBTQA Resource Center is not responsible for the claims of external websites and education companies.
- The FTM Guide: http://www.ftmguide.org/
- Find information on understanding testosterone, presenting as male, gathering tips on male grooming, researching FTM surgeries, shopping for male clothing, finding FTM resources and miscellaneous.
- FTM Related Links from the FTM Guide: http://www.ftmguide.org/links.html
- Explore a list of countless FTM-related links that meet your wants and needs.
Trans Social Media
Q&A For Transmen and Transwomen
Q: Where can I find a Deaf-friendly massage therapist who respects trans* and non-conforming gender individuals with comfort and trust?
A: Washington, DC: http://www.freedbodyworks.com/#!practitioners/cy4h
FAQ: Answers to Trans Counseling Services
What is WPATH?
Where can I find a therapist that is trans-friendly?
For transgender students:
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Location: Information forthcoming
- Contact: Information forthcoming
- Information forthcoming
For transgender employees:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
FAQ: Transgender-Related Surgeries
Can you give the list of best doctors that do top or/and bottom surgeries?
There is no one "BEST" doctor that can do the job perfectly. However, you would want a surgeon with quantity (many years of experience) and quality (very good service) of experience in transgender surgery. Not only that, please keep in mind that each person is different with different medical/health backgrounds. This means that you need to discuss your medical history including your wants and needs for your trans-related surgery.
How do I choose a physician or surgeon that works with transgender patients?
Making medical decisions isn't easy, and also depends on whether you are over age 18. It would be a good idea to join support groups or/and Yahoo groups to email and ask adult trans individuals about health issues, doctor names/locations and surgery experiences/results. You also would want to make consultation appointments to ask doctors/surgeons several (or many!) questions you need to know. That will help you make a decision to choose a doctor that meets your wants and needs.
FAQ: Transgender Health Care Coverage (Health Insurance)
- For Students: Information forthcoming
- For Employees: Information forthcoming
- Which health insurances cover trans health coverage? Information forthcoming
- How do I choose an insurance that covers trans healthcare? Information forthcoming