Documentation of a health-related disability should consist of a letter or report from a qualified health care professional (i.e. physician). This report should include the following:
- A specific diagnosis.
- The functional limitations of the disdability.
- Whether the condition is stable or progressive.
- Whether the condition is mitigated by medication or another form of treatment.
- Possible side effects of any prescribed medication.
- A description of situations that may exacerbate the condition.
- Suggested recommendations for effective and reasonable accommodations.