Documentation of mobility or other physical disability should consist of a letter or report from a qualified health care professional (i.e. physician). The letter or report should include the following:
- The type of disability.
- A statement of the functional limitation(s) caused by the disability.
- A description of the duration of functional limitation(s), such as any distance limitations.
- Whether the condition is stable or progressive.
- Whether the condition is temporary or permanent.
- Information about current medication(s) used to treat the disability.
- Possible side effects of any prescribed medication.
- Suggested recommendations for effective and reasonable accommodations.