A world-class institute of changemakers in the deaf and signing community.
Since 1864, we have been investing in and creating resources for deaf and hard of hearing children, their families, and the professionals who work with them.
Over 50 degree programs, with online and continuing education for personal and professional development.
Innovating solutions to break down barriers, and using science to prove what does and doesn’t work.
We make it easy for you to apply and enter here.
Ready to take the next step toward a college education?
Make lasting memories and grow in ways you never thought possible.
I. King Jordan Student Academic Center (JSAC), Room 1242
(202) 250-2612 (videophone)(202) 448-7065 (voice)(202) 651-5887 (fax)
· Intake Process and Eligibility Review: students submit info & medical documentation
· Adaptive Technology: equipment, furniture, or software that can improve access
· Auxiliary Aids: note takers, readers, scribes, and laboratory and library assistants
· Counseling Support: counselors assist OSWD students & faculty with disability support service planning
· Interpreting Services: OSWD coordinates with Gallaudet Interpreting Services to provide tactile and close-vision interpreting
· Alternative Print Materials: academic materials converted to e-book, large print, and Braille formats
· Testing Accommodations: students study, work with faculty, and/or take tests in a distraction-reduced environment
· Faculty Support: providing faculty development and support in accommodating students with disabilities
Gallaudet University is a federally chartered private and premier university for the deaf and hard of hearing since 1864.
Copyright © 2021 Gallaudet University. All rights reserved.
800 Florida Avenue NE Washington, D.C. 20002
Spring 2021 – Dec 12Fall 2021 – May 15