Disclosing Your Need for Accommodations: Students who need disability related accommodations are advised to discuss their needs with OSWD prior to the beginning of the semester. OSWD will then collaborate with the hosting academic department or staff unit in order to arrange for specific accommodations.

Requesting Accommodations for International Travel: Students should meet with their OSWD counselor to discuss requested study abroad accommodations. At the student's request, OSWD will prepare an individualized accommodations letter to the program or unit outlining the student's eligibility for accommodations.

Interpreting Services: Students requesting interpreting services as part of their international travel experience are to follow the "OSWD Interpreting Services Procedure".

The host program is responsible for supporting the costs of all disability related support including sighted guide services.

Please note: without prior notification of need, academic programs or staff units that offer international travel may not be required to fulfill a request for disability related accommodations. Foreign countries have their own rules and regulations concerning academic accommodations and do not necessarily comply with ADA regulations.