Inspired by The Gallaudet Promise and guided by the recommendations of our 2017-19 Internationalization Lab, IA will lead and vigorously collaborate with others in four key areas:
Foster a truly "Global Gallaudet"
- Advancing solutions for incorporating an into all campus planning, operations, and activities by:
- Participating in administration/faculty governance and advisory bodies.
- Building the capacity of campus personnel to “think and act globally” in their work.
- Serving as a by:
- Hosting campus dialogue on issues of global importance.
- Building a bilingual repository of findings and innovations from our campus and elsewhere.
Internationalize the Learning Experience
- Infuse “global learning” into curriculum and academic clustering.
- Build a “bridge” with faculty governance through a “Global Learning” Faculty Administrator.
- Expanding Gallaudet’s
- Advising students to choose programs that fit their personal “global learning arc”.
- Enriching academic and community vitality by “Returning World Travelers” activities.
- Enabling students’ and faculty members’ applications to international fellowships.
- Tackle student affordability to study and research abroad.
- Inform the faculty of opportunities for professional development and service.
Advance international students and scholars as assets and ensure their equitable participation in campus life
- to Gallaudet by ensuring equal access to learning and all campus activities and services, including immigration support and compliance.
- Facilitate “All Hands On” - a multi-unit effort to tackle international students’ concerns.
- Showcasing how international students, scholars, and personnel contribute to our success.
- Feature their contributions in Global Connection Gatherings and other bilingual means.
Favor multifaceted relationships and transformative partnerships
- Timely and comprehensive review of overseas opportunities, thereby gradually evolving a “grand global strategy” towards a sustainable portfolio of international relationships.
- Continuously confer with the Office of the President and Office of the Provost.
- Launch G.O.A.L. (lobal pportunity ssessing eague) for a cross-division, 360° review of prospective overseas academic and business opportunities.
- Collect in-depth , in a “Global Knowledge Base,” and involve our personnel and alumni with expertise there.
- to project our values and the “Gallaudet experience.”
- Introduce international strategic visitors to the Gallaudet Experience.
- Operate “Gallaudet University in Nigeria-Africa” (G.A.I.N.), Japan, Norway & W.F.D. initially.