Program within International Affairs
EDUCATION ABROAD AND INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS (EA)
EA helps Gallaudet advance opportunities to internationalize the learning experience outside the U.S., and provides information and support on international fellowship and scholarship opportunities by:.
- Collaborating with faculty to develop a portfolio of education abroad programs that also enrich on-campus coursework and infuse a global-minded sensibility into the entire Gallaudet community.
- Developing Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) opportunities, virtual exchanges for globally-minded students who are unable to learn abroad due to restrictions posed by the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. COIL infuses global awareness, learning, and shared action by our campus community, particularly during "grand global challenges" like the pandemic that face the earth and people across the spectrum of Deaf identities.
- Maintaining a coordinated approach to developing systems, processes, and policies that ensure standards of good practice for education abroad at Gallaudet.
- Providing students, faculty, staff, and recent graduates with help and advice on international fellowships and scholarships such as Fulbright, Boren, Critical Language, Gilman -- and others.
- Working with campus units to help ensure a safe international travel experience for campus members, including keeping them in compliance with U.S. regulations.