Program within International Affairs
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (IR)
IR advances Gallaudet’s standing as the key source for improving life for a full spectrum of global Deaf identities in the following ways:
- Teaming with University constituents to assess worldwide opportunities and facilitate mutually beneficial cooperative agreements with foreign entities, using a cross-campus committee called G.O.A.L. (Global Opportunity Assessing League)
- Serving as a “global knowledge hub” by hosting campus dialogue on issues of importance, and maintaining a Global Knowledge Base with in-depth information about nations of interest.
- Hosting select “strategic international visitors” who meet Gallaudet's goals in at least one of three areas: expanding international enrollment, enhancing academic and intercultural exchange, or representing current or potential strategic international relations.
- Managing the Gallaudet-Nippon Foundation World Deaf Leadership Scholarship.
- Implementing strategic planning and policy development that enhances internationalization, such as global recruiting and curricular enrichment.